Valentine’s Day, historically, has been a day for love, a day for loss, and a day for some serious crime. The crime part is of particular importance to any Maryland Attorney who wants to know and understand the history of crime and criminal defense.
History was also something Al Capone failed to understand, because while he wiped out his competition on Valentine’s Day 1929, he drew substantial attention to his “North Side” gang through his bloody 1929 shooting spree. By drawing all that attention, he also drew the wrath of the federal government, who ultimately obtained an 11 year sentence for tax evasion. While Capone may have had a good Valentine’s Day in 1929, the 11 Valentine’s Days he spent in Alcatraz were all undoubtedly bleak.
Each of us has our own Capone Valentine’s Day Massacre story in our past, whether you were left with the check on a bad date, got stood up altogether, or were pulled over for a violation of the Maryland DUI laws while on a date. In honor of all of those things, The Law Offices of Eldridge & Nachtman, LLC wants to kick-off your Valentine’s Day with a bang.
Here’s how it works:
- Share your worst bad date story via submission to email@example.com
- With your submission please include your contact information (Full name, valid phone #, email, and home address)
- Submissions must be emailed by 11:59PM February 2, 2012 (please keep it clean)
- From the submissions ENlawyers will narrow down the list of stories to the top 5
- The Top 5 will be posted on our website with voting through our Facebook page
- Voting for the winner will begin February 3rd on Facebook
- Get your friends to vote on ENlawyers’ Facebook Fan Page
- The voting will stop on February 7, 2012 at 3PM
- The winner will be posted shortly after closing of voting (in time for Valentine’s Day).
**In order to win, your post WILL be public, by submitting your post to ENlawyers you are waiving any privacy rights and any bench trial, jury trial, and all your other legal rights (ok, not all – just any privacy rights related to the story – you still own your tale). Winner must reside in Maryland. If you are the lucky winner, please contact Maisy’s restaurant regarding availability on Valentine’s Day, as ENlawyers cannot guarantee a table. Baltimore Florist will provide up to $50 worth of flowers for pickup only. Winning this contest does not guarantee you will have a good Valentine’s Day, and don’t worry – we won’t sell, give away, or donate your personal information to any third party and will delete the email responses after the contest is concluded
REMEMBER – If your Valentine’s Day is a massacre – call your Maryland Attorney.